Sunday, April 17, 2011

Bumble Bee Tuna

This is a pretty good story and a 'thumbs up' for Bumble Bee tuna.
Back in January I bought a can of Bumble Bee Tuna at the local supermarket.  The can wasn't dented nor did it appear damaged in any way.  Then one day I went to open the can and I noticed that the top was flexible.  I could press down on the top and it popped back up.  That's usually not good.  It's an indication of an improper seal.  I did not open the can.
So, I contacted Bumble Bee by email through their website.  They were quick to respond by email advising me that I would be contacted again.
A short time later I received a letter asking that I send the can of tuna to Bumble Bee's laboratory for examination.   A postage paid envelope was provided.  I sent the can of tuna to Bumble Bee.  Within about 2 weeks I received another letter advising me that an examination showed that inadequate vacuum had been drawn inside the can.  Bumble Bee also advised that I was correct in questioning the safety of the can.
Along with their letter, Bumble Bee sent 3 coupons for a free can of tuna and several .25 cents off coupons.
Thumbs up for Bumble Bee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!